...so, in honor of that milestone, let's recap how successful I was in 2010:
1. Eat on a more regular schedule. Failed. Last semester was potentially the most unhealthy three months of my life. My mom thought I was anorexic for a while.
2. Stretch every day. Lasted about a month.
3. Meditate every day. This went hand-in-hand with #2...this one might have lasted a little longer. Or at least I tried to make it last a little longer.
4. Stay on top of my shit in school. Well, halfway successful. Spring semester last year was my worst yet academically, but then I got straight A's this fall. Ya win some, ya lose some.
5. Have the balls to get my hats out there [Sometimes I hate quoting myself. I sound like such a tool]. Not so much a question of balls as motivation. Thus, failed.
6. Be positive about the semester. Let me amend my statement in #4: spring semester last year was actually my worst yet BY FAR IN VIRTUALLY EVERY WAY SHAPE AND FORM and I hated almost every second of it. So I failed that one too.
......wow. Miserable. So, although I am sticking to the plan I created last year of waiting to make my resolutions until after my birthday (clearly I'm running a little behind), we are trying a new format for 2011. I will now be making specific goals in three categories: body, mind, and soul. [Incidentally -- did you know that the Modern Language Association has officially made it proper to put a comma after the second to last item in a list like I just did, unlike you were taught all through your lower education? Who the fuck gets to decide these things?] They take some preparation, however. So I'll be back with those.